Monday, June 6, 2011

Day seven: The End

Sorry I didn't post this yesterday, I was exhausted!

I thought I should post some pictures of our room at The Grand at Trafalgar Square...unfortunately I didn't get around to it until our last day while we were packing, so excuse the mess!

It was a bit smaller than I expected, but it was very comfortable! And the shower was fantastic.

Nicole imitating the girl we took a picture of at the restaurant, haha!

There was a fold out sofa, too! 

Our view out the window wasn't glamorous, but I loved it! It looked so old!

I especially liked this building!

Charing Cross Station!

Close up!

We went back to Carnaby Street so I could get some last minute shopping in at this boutique I loved, but it wasn't open quite yet so we walked around the block and saw that there was some sort of scooter show. There were a bunch of them lining the streets on both sides!

Scooters!

SO MANY SCOOTERS!

But then the cute boutique was open and I got exactly what I wanted!!

Then I wanted some more gelato, so we walked over to another Scoop location and on our way I saw this cool building!

Ooooh~

And this cool old building!

Cute little street!

I love that green building!

There's Scoop in the red building straight ahead!

There it is!

And the tiny Scoop truck!

A bunch of scoops on the wall!

Nicole got almond cookie and white chocolate and I got peppermint and white chocolate! They were DELICIOUS! 

On our way back to the Oxford Circus station! I loved this building, so beautiful! There was also a Spanish street fair going on!

Then we had to go to the airport. Here we are, sad to be leaving, on the Hogwarts Heathrow Express.

And the view out the window!

The airport was really wacky, but way more convenient to go through security. We didn't have to take our shoes off! So we got on the airplane and this was our last picture in London!

AND OUR FIRST PICTURE BACK IN THE US IS EXTREME! TAKEN WHILE WE WERE GOING SUPER FAST ON THE LANDING STRIP!

All in all, I had a fantastic time and definitely got a good feel for London, which will be helpful come fall. I love London!

I hope you all enjoyed following our first adventures in London!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole looks so tired. Your pictures remind me of the pictures I took with my friend as we were leaving Disney. My friend looked just like Nicole in pretty much every picture. :P

    I loved reading all about your London adventures. Can't wait to read more once you're going to school there!!

    ReplyDelete