Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day three: Some Royal Destinations

So we started out the day with a delicious pancake breakfast at Garfunkel's around 9AM. We then began our day's journey by walking to Buckingham Palace around 10, and on the way there we saw this really cute building!

That's one great scotland yard, dude.

The cavalry! 

We walked through St. James' Park, which was beautiful! And I took a picture of Nicole and a bunch of pictures of the birds I saw!

Weird bird!

This duck loved getting her picture taken! She came right over to us and posed for a long time (probably hoping for food, but I like to think she enjoyed modelling).

This pigeon really wanted to be a duck.

Duckling!!

Then we finally got to Buckingham Palace!!

It was so big!

There were SO many people!! We (accidentally) came right in time for the Changing of the Guard!

These policemen were SO British. Seriously.

And so they marched!!

March! March!

Some police on horses!

The royal dog? I have no idea what kind of dog he is, but he was HUGE!

These guys had a way better tune than the first group. 

So in synch!

Nicole thought they looked like Squirrels, haha!

March, march!

The cavalry!

They were playing a very nice tune, but by this time we had been waiting for over an hour and we were getting a bit tired of standing in the hot sun so we left around this time and headed for Harrod's!

Walking to the Tube!

La Ladurée! It was so cute!!!

So cute!

The girl on the left is in the process of telling me I couldn't take pictures, haha!

And the outside!! SO CUTE!

Outside of Harrods!

OUR DELICIOUS MACARONS!

We got (bottom going up) Vanilla, Pistachio, Strawberry Mint, Caramel with Salted Butter, Raspberry Almond, Rose, and two Raspberries!

They were so pretty and delicious!

Here we are eating them! YUM!

They were the best macarons I've ever had. The perfect, soft consistency and oooh the flavors were delicious!

Then we headed to the Victoria and Albert Museum! I was a little disappointed just because people kept saying how much I'd love it and I thought that they'd have more garments, but it was really amazing none the less. 

A really cool door.

Some beautiful iron work!

So gorgeous!

What a nice outfit.

Some kind of terrifying dolls. 

THIS DRESS. The most ridiculous use of a pannier.

Then my camera's battery died so I switched to my Hipstamatic app on my iPhone!

Really cool candle stick!

Beautiful dress.

Gorgeous painting!

Such a cute and somewhat haunting statue. 

I love how this photo came out (not that it had anything to do with me, the app made it awesome). It's so creepy!

In the courtyard of the V+A!

Then we went to Oxford Street to do a bit more shopping but we were starving! We ended up going to Wahaca, a really neat Mexican place. It was really good and really cheap!!

So our third day was very busy, as all of them have been, and tomorrow will be just as event filled! I don't want to spoil the surprise, so I'll just leave it at that. :) Goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment